Saffron Chai: The what, how and why?
What is Saffron Chai?
Made from the leaves and flowers of anglicized version of castor plant (native word- khus), saffron is one of the rarest and most expensive spices in the world.
Saffron chai is a beverage made from black tea and spices like cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and of course, saffron. When served with milk and sugar, it takes the form of Saffron chai. If you're looking for an exciting new flavor of chai to add to your repertoire, Saffron chai is a great choice.
With its warm and inviting flavor, it's perfect for any time of year. So why not give it a try? Who knows you may just enjoy it more than regular masala chai!
Why you should drink Saffron Chai: The Top 5 Reasons
- Well, for one, it's incredibly addictive! If you're not already a fan of tea, saffron chai is definitely one tea that you'll start to love due to its earthy, naturally sweet and a distinct taste like no other spice! Oh, and wait till you breathe in its fruity aroma!
- Apart from its delicious taste, Saffron chai also has a host of health benefits. It is said to boost metabolism, improve heart health, and reduce inflammation. It is a great source of antioxidants, helping you keep cancer at bay. Saffron also helps you fight anxiety, depression, and fatigue. So if you're looking for a tea that will not only taste great but also offer some serious health benefits, Saffron chai is the tea for you!
- If you're looking for a beverage that can make you feel refreshed and motivated during summertime, Saffron tea may be the perfect choice for you as it very versatile! It can be enjoyed hot or cold! With or without milk! Drink it cold with a dash of lemon or as iced chai latte during the summer time, and let it do wonders!
- Saffron Chai is especially good for your morning routine as it helps in improving cognitive function, boosting energy levels, and detoxifying the body! Who doesn't need all that in the morning?
- While saffron tea, is a specialty tea, brewing it is as easy as regular tea! Just steep the tea in hot water for 5-7 minutes and enjoy! Remember high quality saffron infuses very slowly, so the longer you steep, the more you get out of your tea.
How should I store and drink Saffron Chai?
To store and drink Saffron Chai, follow these simple tips:
1. Brew Saffron tea in hot boiling water- as you do with any other black tea flavor! Let it cool down.
2. Keep this mixture in the refrigerator and consume it within 7 days.
3. Take half a cup of the above brewed tea, heat it up and enjoy with milk and sweetener!
Drink 2 cups of brewed saffron chai per day for maximum health benefits.