When you add pumpkin to the mix, either in the form of a ‘Pumpkin Cream Foam’ like Starbucks or simply through some ground canned pumpkin, you get one of best fall-flavor crossovers! Pumpkin Spice shares many similarities with the spices in masala chai, which allows both the masala chai and the pumpkin to complement each other perfectly.
Pumpkin Chai Lattes make for good protein shakes, too. With the goodness of naturally protein-dense pumpkin and an additional shot of espresso, a pumpkin spice chai latte protein shake can be your go-to pre-workout!
In this blog, we’ll cover how you can prepare and enjoy this deliciously healthy protein shake!
Protein Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
2 Tea Bags of ChaiBag 11 Spices Chai Blend (which is prepared with premium black tea and ground spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, fennel seeds, and cloves)
2 cups of Milk or any Milk Alternatives
1 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar or Honey
1/2 cup or 80 grams Canned Pumpkin Pieces
1/3 cup water
2 Scoops of Your Protein Powder of Choice
1/4 cup of oats
1/4 cup of Espresso (Or 2 Tablespoons of Instant Coffee)
- Begin by heating the water in a saucepan or kettle. Once boiled, add the ChaiBag Masala Chai teabags to the water, and let them steep for 4-5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and allow the chai to cool.
- Add the sugar (or sweetener of your choice) and espresso to the chai.
- In a mixer, blend the pumpkin, milk, oats, and protein powder until smooth.
- Pour the protein shake blend into a glass.
- Add the cooled chai, and stir the protein shake until the chai is evenly incorporated.
- Optionally top with a dash of pumpkin spice, coconut cream, or fruits!